a. Waste Clean Up Options:-
- Litter, ‘Spring Clean’ in April. Plan to replicate 2016 event
in conjunction with An Taisce & Galway Co. Co.
- Disposal options for difficult to deal with wastes such as paints,
chemicals, batteries, WEEE.
b. Develop Waste Management strategy in Lawrencetown
- Promote Reuse of materials
- Sharing of resources
- Circular economy principles
- Waste prevention initiatives
- Upcycling (Men’s Shed?)
c. Sustainable Energy Community (SEC):-
- Become a SEC
- Develop a Sustainable Energy Plan
- Apply for Grant in order to improve energy usage locally
d. Sustainable Activities: Identify project possibilities under the
- Energy (As above)
e. Composting: – for use by social employment scheme workers in
flower beds and hedging in public areas
f. Promote Awareness:-
- Possible surveys, seminars/workshops
- ‘Green your event’
- Consider possibilities for May Community Weekend.
g. Engage with National School:-
- Improve contact between school and wider community.
- Promote mutual learning and assist with larger projects where
h. Maintenance of Recycling Facility
- Improve its appearance, promote its use.